Maintenance tasks commonly carried out during a motor vehicle service include:
• Change the engine oil
• Replace the oil filter
• Replace the air filter
• Replace the fuel filter
• Replace the spark plugs
• Tune the engine
• Check level and refill brake fluid
• Check level and refill power steering fluid
• Check level and refill Automatic Transmission Fluid
• Grease and lubricate components
• Inspect and replace the timing belt if needed
• Check condition of the tyres
Mechanical parts that may cause the car to cease transmission or prove unsafe for the road are also noted and advised upon.
Why Maintenance Is Important
By having your car regularly maintained, you reduce the risk of it breaking down and leaving you stranded.
Many car owners fully service their vehicle every 12,000 miles or every 12 months, whichever comes first. Some maunfacturers will recommend interim servicing, especially for high mileage vehicles. This will occur every 6 months or 6,000 miles, whichever comes sooner.
A regularly maintained vehicle reduces its' carbon footprint and means your car operates in the optimum way, as designed by the manufacturer.
Gravel Lane Auto offers car servicing from £79.00, with parts that match the quality of original manufacturer. Our policy is to dispose of components and fluids in an environmentally friendly way.
Planning A Long Journey?
If you just want peace of mind for a planned long journey, please call us for a price on 020 8502 6868 and book your vehicle in to our test centre and we can do the following three point check:
• Changing the engine oil and filter
• Check battery, tyres, wipers and lighting
• Fluid top up: brakes, power steering, windscreen washer